Apply for this job now
Broker Account Executive
- Long Beach, California
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
Broker Account Executive
* Los Angeles County
As one of the nation's largest not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plans, serving more than 200,000 members in California, SCAN Health Plan has been a mission-driven organization dedicated to keeping seniors healthy and independent for over 40 years. SCAN employees are passionate about what they do, and understand that success is based on achieving the mission. Employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do their jobs and are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. To learn more, visit scanhealthplan.com or follow us on social media: LinkedIn; Facebook; and Twitter.
Responsible for the oversight, training and servicing of the broker distribution channel in the assigned market aiming to position our health plan for sales achievement and success. This position will be responsible for a network of General Agencies, independent brokers and ancillary stakeholders to position our health plan for sales achievement and success. This role will adhere to the Federal and State regulations governing the representation and sale of Medicare Advantage Plans.
* Achieve all broker sales targets. This is a sales achievement position and success will be measured by attainment of sales targets.
* Maintain business relationships with brokers, general agency representatives and ancillary stakeholders by providing outstanding service to all in assigned territory.
* Expand the broker sales distribution channel by identifying, training and certifying new agencies and brokers.
* Coordinate and present all broker education curriculum, including the SCAN Broker Certification training for all new brokers.
* Monitor broker quality; resolve issues to ensure high-quality representation of SCAN.
* Ensure brokers are utilizing current marketing materials and forms and administer broker supply/material requests.
* Assist with enrollments by verifying and processing broker requests and resolving member inquiries and plan eligibility issues.
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Provide reporting on new business opportunities, issues encountered in the field with respect to network, claims, customer service, marketing, etc.
* Maintain all federal, state and CMS compliance requirements as it pertains to the administration of the broker distribution channel.
* Work closely with marketing staff to implement and execute on broker cooperative marketing campaigns.
* Actively supports the achievement of SCAN's Vision and Goals.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred
* California Life and Health Insurance brokerage license in good standing required.
* 5+ years of sales experience with Medicare Advantage Plans required.
* Bilingual preferred.
* Strong presentation skills to effectively address diverse audiences.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills; Ability to multitask.
* Ability to appropriately maintain confidentiality.
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills required.
What's in it for you?
* A competitive compensation and benefits program
* An annual employee bonus program
* Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
* Ten paid holidays per year
* Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and vesting after three years
* Casual attire
* A work-life balance and much more!
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
At SCAN we believe that it is our business to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects our community through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more.
SCAN is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Individuals seeking employee will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
- Job Reference: 295832228-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: SCAN Healthplan
- Location: Long Beach, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent