Apply for this job now
Commercial Banker - San Diego, CA
- San Diego, California
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
California Bank and Trust, a leader amongst banks in California, with over $10 billion in assets and nearly 100 branch offices in the state, is looking for a Commercial Banker in our San Diego Office.
Our relationship-centered culture is achieved by providing our associates with the tools, training and opportunities to build the best possible relationships with our customers, and with each other. Our workplace culture values each associate's unique experiences, background and perspectives and provides a collaborative environment for all associates to grow and thrive.
* Acquires and services commercial loans, commercial real estate loans and bank services in accordance with individually established business development goals.
* Achieves quarterly Managed Portfolio Growth goals.
* Demonstrates clear understanding of risk management and covenant tracking procedures.
* Responsible to make presentations regarding bank products and services to prospective clients and company principals, perform underwriting functions and continually monitor credit quality.
* Higher level Commercial Bankers may oversee lower level associates.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Requires a Bachelors degree in business, finance or a related field and 6+ years commercial lending and credit underwriting experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
* Employs advanced knowledge as a generalist or specialist for unique customer product segments of lending and credit analysis, preferably in a commercial lending environment.
* Advanced knowledge of bank products and commercial lending techniques and procedures.
* Ability to expand loans, client relationships and cross sell bank products.
* Familiarity of the sales, loan processing and closing processes. Excellent underwriting skills.
* Ability to interview loan applicants and have a strong perceptive on character judgment.
* Ability to structure loans and monitor credit performance.
* Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
* Working knowledge of a software applications, including word processing and spreadsheets.
* Competitive compensation commensurate with work experience.
* Health Insurance + Life Insurance and 401(k) plan - generous company matching.
* Paid training, paid vacation, paid holidays and promotional opportunities offered from within.
* Stable employer, a division of Zions Bancorporation and is included in the S&P 500 & NASDAQ Financial 100 indices.
- Job Reference: 295831939-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: California Bank & Trust
- Location: San Diego, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent