The Community Banker (Teller) is responsible for providing superior customer service at the Retail Banking Center, receiving and processing funds as required, balancing out all daily transactions, and successfully cross-selling services and products of the Bank.
We have a current opening for a Community Banker at our location in Blythe, CA. This is a prime-time position, typically working between 35-38 hours a week.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
* Will meet or exceed all established goals and objectives for this position.
* Performs all tasks in full compliance with established policies and procedures; such tasks to include posting deposit and withdrawal transactions, and handling all check-cashing requests in full compliance with Regulation CC.
* Maintain and ensure that approved cash drawer limits are adhered to as outlined in the cash control procedure, and maintains proper records of all transactions; balancing of cash drawer on a daily basis in a timely manner; when required, may assist in proofing daily transactions.
* Responsible for designated duties, which may include completion of money order, or cashier checks, and processing of loan payments; ensuring proper identification of customer is received and collects service fees, as applicable.
* Professionally and effectively maintain a level of communication throughout all customer interaction including the need to explain various decisions made on transactions.
* Actively generates new business relationships and participates in outside sales activities including: cold calling, prospecting, community events, telemarketing, Bank-At-Work events, etc. Must possess strong presentation skills and the ability to creatively develop new business relationships inside and outside of the branches. Requires flexibility to participate in offsite business development endeavors and will maintain a business pipeline. Arranges for transfers between accounts; and handles loan payment transactions. Accurately prepares documents, i.e., allotment visa debit card applications, visa debit card lost/stolen, as well as filing of various records relating to accounts.
* Assists in the handling of daily mail, including the processing of deposits and loan payments, Responsible for the proper control of cash, as well as protection of confidential financial information, to include non-disclosure of password and teller number, and control of teller keys/combos at all times. Protects the confidentiality of all financial data relating to bank operations and its customers.
* Maintains inventory of supplies, forms and equipment at the banking center at a satisfactory level; makes recommendations for additions and/or deletions to the Branch Service/Operations Manager.
* Establishes and maintains the necessary records and files for the banking operation; records and directs pick-up, opening, delivery and depositing of mail for the Center, as necessary.
* Ensures that all credit card cash advance transactions are handled in accordance with established policies and procedures with proper identification and approval.
* Confidently possesses sufficient product knowledge and seeks opportunities to explain, promote, or sell/cross-sell benefits of bank services and products to customers, while providing quality customer service. Maintains a prospect log and follows up with potential relationships and responds to customer inquiries in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
* Responsible for maintaining high level of job performance to meet and/or exceed the standard for this position in order to ensure achievement of the Department's goals.
This position generally does not supervise other staff members.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Required Education and/or Experience
* High school diploma or equivalent. .
* Successful completion of in-house training program or other approved training program.
* Must maintain working knowledge of all federal and state banking regulations as they relate to tasks being performed.
* Must have ability to work well with customers and staff, both in person and by telephone; good interpersonal skills.
* Sales skills a plus.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
This position is set in a quiet, office environment. The position is generally regarded as light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of forced constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to alternately stand, walk, sit, reach with arms, talk or hear and use hands to write, type, and handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Employee must possess the ability to read, write, perform basic math functions, understand basic communication and instructions, carry out instructions, complete basic problem-solving and analyzing information, and make independent decisions within the scope of responsibility.
Provident Savings Bank, F.S.B. ("Provident" or "Bank"), is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best available persons in every job. Provident policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation requirements, or related medical condition), genetic information, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by Federal, State, or local laws. Provident is an "at-will" employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE