Apply for this job now
Loan Closer (Back Office - Middle Office) - San Diego or Irvine CA
- Irvine, California
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
California Bank and Trust, a leader amongst banks in California, with over $10 billion in assets and nearly 100 branch offices in the state, is looking for a Middle Office Loan Closer in our San Diego or Irvine Office.
California Bank & Trust prides itself on creating California's best banking relationships and to do this we must continue to build a team of intelligent contributors who can add value to our clients' businesses and build deep roots in the communities we serve.
Our relationship-centered culture is achieved by providing our associates with the tools, training and opportunities to build the best possible relationships with our customers, and with each other. Our workplace culture values each associate's unique experiences, background and perspectives and provides a collaborative environment for all associates to grow and thrive.
The successful candidate will perform the following job duties:
* Responsible for loan documentation review and closing process for commercial real estate, commercial or business loans.
* Works directly with relationship managers (RM), along with the borrower, legal counsel, title companies, insurance agents, and vendors to ensure closing requirements are met and necessary due diligence is obtained.
* Reviews and comprehends moderately complex loan documentation, loan terms and financial elements for accuracy and consistency with the credit approvals.
* Ensures documents are prepared in compliance with credit policy, documentation standards and regulatory requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring waivers or deviations from policy are adequately documented.
* Works with attorneys to ensure loan documents are prepared in accordance with credit approval and bank's requirements. Interact with clients, collecting, reviewing and distributing due diligence items necessary for a loan closing.
* May coordinate loan documents with Legal counsel. Notifies the RM, attorney and client of items missing items or required corrections and ensures attorney closing checklist is accurate.
* Confirms budget, escrow closing statements and bank settlement statements are in balance, ensuring fees and expenses are accounted for and outstanding items are identified.
* Ensures appropriate approval and/or waivers and exceptions are obtained. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
* Requires a High School degree or Equivalent and 6+ years of loan documentation, closing or other directly related experience; preferably with Commercial, CRE or Business lending documentation and/or closing. Some experience reading and interpreting loan and legal documentation required. A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
* Advanced knowledge of loan documentation, specifically with commercial, business or commercial real estate lending documentation/closing .
* Expert knowledge of general loan documentation, loan closing processes and procedures, lending policies, compliance and regulations.
* Ability to read and interpret complex loan and legal documentation.
* Advanced Knowledge of construction due diligence and risk management requirements.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Must be accurate, detail oriented and have ability to multi-task.
* Must have strong audit, customer service and communication skills.
* Strong computer skills including various word processing and spreadsheet software.
* Medical and Dental Insurance + Life Insurance + 401(k) plan + generous company matching!
* Competitive compensation commensurate with work experience (some roles include incentives, mileage + travel time pay, and/or parking waivers.
* Eligible for annual discretionary bonus
* Paid Training, paid Vacation, paid Holidays and promotional opportunities offered from within
* Tuition Reimbursement for qualifying employees
* Stable Employer, a division of Zions Bancorporation and is included in the S&P 500 & NASDAQ Financial 100 indices.
- Job Reference: 295831887-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: California Bank & Trust
- Location: Irvine, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent