Apply for this job now
Senior Financial Analyst, Ads Marketing Finance
- Mountain View, California
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
* 4 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, corporate strategy, management consulting, sales finance, or similar experience
* Experience using SQL
* Experience partnering with marketing in a tech setting
* Experience tracking business generation and/or product KPIs using tools such as business intelligence platform, workflows, dashboards, and other data visualization software (e.g. Tableau, DasNav)
* Experience of successful executive level business partnership
* Knowledge of Google Ads or Marketing
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; ability to be personable yet persistent
* Exceptional attention to detail, and ability to turn data into actionable insights
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. Working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
As someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, you'll lead individual projects to transform planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide senior level management with insightful recommendations, planning and reporting support.
Marketing Finance is a highly analytical, global team, dedicated to maximizing returns through thought leadership and partnership. Our work covers everything from developing the frameworks and success metrics to evaluate key investments, to driving strategic analyses, to working cross-functionally and cross-Finance to develop long-term business outlooks. The Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to senior leadership, and is integral to the operations and strategy of marketing at Google.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on one of Google's largest products, Ads. In this role, you will work on the Marketing Finance team that provides full finance support to business partners on the Marketing team as well as offering scope for leadership of individual analytical projects. You will also work in close partnership with highly talented finance colleagues from across Marketing, Sales, and Corporate Finance and consult on planning, reporting, and decision support for the wide range of activities (e.g. investment strategies for products, key market drivers or business profitability, and resource allocation).
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
* Be a key Finance business partner for the Ads Marketing team
* Play a lead role in modeling business scenarios, proposing new performance metrics, providing insights on key financial drivers, and communicating these insights through executive level presentations
* Partner with Marketing Strategy and Operations and the Ads Sales Finance teams on return on investment analysis, and financial planning processes
* Develop new tools, dashboards, and processes in order to drive scalable analysis and insight
* Engage in ad-hoc analyses to understand business performance and forward looking risks and opportunities
- Job Reference: 295831847-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: Google Inc.
- Location: Mountain View, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Banking & Financial Services
- Job Type: Permanent