JOB PURPOSE: The Shelter Manager is responsible for providing supervision and administrative support
for actions within the shelter. This person ensures that the needs of the shelter occupants are being met.
They supervise a work unit composed of service associates by assuming accountability for the assigned
workers within the activity as well as being able to answer common questions on a day-to-day basis. Will serve as the main point of contact for the DHS Liaison.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and supervise clients addressing their specific needs and reporting any challenges to appropriate city or partner personnel via the chain of command
- Ability to manage budgets and monitor expenditures.
- Develp policies and procedures necessary to manage the family shelter. Adhere to all policies and guidlines set-forth by Endeavors and funders.
- Document all serious incidents, daily progress, changes in operations and activities in a timely manner and in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure local affiliated and non-affiliated workers are engaged to the fullest extent by providing support, training, evaluation, and inclusion with the visiting workforce.
- Evaluate and provide appropriate development/mentoring opportunities for assigned staff.
- Complete work performance evaluations for all staff in work unit, as appropriate. Obtain technical review from the appropriate subject matter experts.
- Order supplies and equipment and request any support as appropriate.
- Develop and implement a daily schedule for all shelter residents.
- Promote an environment that eliminates discrimination, harassment or favoritism of any sort and adheres to the zero-tolerance policy.
- Resolve staff conflicts and/or recognize when a conflict must be referred to a higher level.
- Model appropriate behavior and treat all workers with respect and dignity at all times.
- Organize and facilitate staff meetings as appropriate.
- Seek guidance from supervisor as necessary and appropriate.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Follow and implement requests and directions received from supervisor.
- Support and implement decisions made by management.
- Monitor and support the quality of service delivery and morale of the workforce
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: 4-year bachelors or Master's degree from an accredited Program/university, preferably in one of the following areas: Social Work, Non-Profit Management, Criminal justice, or related field of study.
EXPERIENCE: 4+ years related experience and/or training including experience working in Supervisory Positions. Preferred experience in working with immigrant populations, child welfare or vulnerable populations.
ATTENDANCE: Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the
employer's sole discretion.
LICENSES: Driver's License with clear record required.
- Proficiency in Spanish/English (written and spoken language skills), highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including good communication skills, listening skills, and attitude.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products and Google tools.
- Ability to pass required medical exam and have the physical ability to fulfill essential functions
- Successfully pass a TB test annually and document preference to receive or decline Hepatitis immunization;
- Eligible to receive, pass, and maintain security investigation background check - initiated by the National Background Investigations Bureau. Must be a U.S. citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident.
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Ability to work independently and exercise a high level of confidentiality;
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates.
Salary/Wage $40/hr. EOE Statement Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. also complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location its employees are working. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. are 'Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.'