Apply for this job now
Student Associate Tax 2021 | Springfield
- Springfield, Missouri
- Job Type
- 31 May 2021
Apply for this job now
Description & Requirements
As a Tax Student Associate, you will gain valuable experience and exposure to a variety of tax projects, as well as being able to test your technical know-how. You will work alongside our senior staff and management personnel, learning from their experience as you develop your skill set.
BKD's Student Associate Program is an excellent opportunity for a sophomore or junior accounting student who would like to gain valuable experience in the tax department of BKD's Springfield office. This program also offers potential opportunities for full-time employment and career advancement after graduation.
* General ledger and financial statement preparation
* Periodic closing procedures including account reconciliations and adjusting entries
* Individual and Corporate Tax preparation
* Accounts payable processing
* Sales and payroll tax returns
* Depreciation schedule preparation
* Provide proactive client service and meaningful accounting solutions.
We are able to be flexible with your school schedule providing you are able to:
* Accommodate our normal business hours of Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
* Have the ability to work each day of the week (M-F)
* Commit to at least 15-25 hours per week during the Academic year
* 20+ hours per week during the summer.
* Working toward a bachelor's or master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university, with a minimum 3.25 GPA (overall and major).
* Strong analytical capabilities and high attention to detail
* Ability to work well within a team; excellent attitude and communication
* Aptitude and passion to learn new software(s) and other accounting-related technologies
* U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status is required for this entry-level position.
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter-both in the marketplace and in our offices.
We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,900 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
- Job Reference: 295831995-2
- Date Posted: 31 May 2021
- Recruiter: BKD, LLP
- Location: Springfield, Missouri
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Accounting
- Job Type: Permanent